Come Join Us
Canoeing and kayaking has fast become one of Americas favorite pastimes. Inexpensive and easy to learn, it's the sport of choice for people of all ages! Once you try it, you'll agree that there is not a better way to exercise, enjoy the outdoors, and have fun with family and friends.
Our stretch of the river runs through a National Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary, scenic wetlands, and Bradley Palmer State Park and Willowdale State Forest! Much of the river is accessible only by canoe, and our some of our regulars include birders, botanists and fisherman.
- Old sneakers
- Hat (summer)
- Waterproof pouch or plastic bag for cellphone and valuables
- Insect repellent (summer)
- Fleece (spring/fall)
- Plastic bag for trash
- Extra dry clothes and shoes to leave in the car
- Windbreaker (spring/fall)
Good to Know
- Open from April to October
- Actual opening/closing dates depend on weather conditions
- ~ call ahead to inquire
- Open daily 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Base rate REDUCED to $25 on weekdays
- PFD, paddle and seat cushion included
- Carry out your trash
- Dogs prohibited in the Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
- Do not collect plants
- Leave no trace when you go ashore
- Respect private property